Mastermix Label Manager Richard Lee provides inspiration for Summer Dance tracks and playlists.
The sun is shining, there isn’t a cloud in the sky and you’re looking to create a musical vibe to accompany the weather. Well maybe the weather isn’t always on our side in the UK but that doesn’t stop you creating a summer feel with the music you play for your guests. Whether playing an outside set whilst the sun beats down or inside as part of the main party, a Summer Dance vibe is always going to hit the mark with audiences of all ages.
Summer Dance Tracks
There are so many tracks that can be played to create a Summer vibe but if you want to take the party to a whole new level of euphoria then injecting some dance classics is going to help.
There are some songs that are obvious Summer Dance anthems including:
- ‘Samba De Janeiro’ – Bellini
- ‘Sunshine’ – David Guetta & Avicii
- ‘E Samba’ – Junior Jack
- ‘Destination Calabria’ – Alex Guadino feat. Crystal Waters
Dance styles like Deep House, Trance & Funky House can all be used as well as some Euro Dance Party tracks like:
- ‘What A Feeling (Flashdance)’ – Royal Gigolos
- ‘Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)’ – Shana Vanguarde
- ‘One Night In Bangkok’ – Vinylshakerz
- ‘Get The Party Started’ – Royal Gigolos
When the sun shines it, usually, puts everyone in a better mood and that transfers to the dancefloor. If the weather isn’t playing ball then the music you play can create the required Summer playlist and take your guests minds off the adverse weather outside.
Essential Hits – Summer Dance
Mastermix have created Essential Hits – Summer Dance that has all you need to create a Summer DJ set. The collection has a unique DJ-friendly formula that includes 40 huge tracks that are complemented by 10 Transition tracks that allow you to create a warm up set before you hit your guests with the big dance tunes or as part of a cool down set as the sun goes down.
We’ve called upon 3 high profile professional DJs from the Mastermix team to share their ‘go-to’ Summer Dance DJ playlists and how they incorporate them into a set.
Summer Dance DJ Playlists
Dave Evans – Professional DJ & Mastermix Producer
“These tracks make me feel like I’m the DJ at the best pool party ever…even when I’m playing at a bar in the middle of town!”
Set Duration: 20 Minutes
BPM: 120 – 130
- Mr Probz – Waves
- Everything But The Girl – Corcovado
- Afro Medusa – Pasilda
- Spiller – Groovejet
- Ray Foxx – La Musica
- Lee-Cabrera – Shake It
- Shana Vanguarde – Gimme Gimme Gimme
- Alex Gaudino – Destination Calabria
“Something guaranteed to have a smile on everyone’s face is the sound of great dance choons coming out of the DJ’s speakers. Below is a playlist selection that I would use at a wedding to create a Summer Dance vibe”
Set Duration: 20 minutes
BPM: 123 – 129
- Junior Jack – E Samba
- Nightcrawlers – Push The Feeling On (Agua Sin Gas by Antoine Claraman Remix)
- Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love) (Spillers Extended Mix)
- Bob Sinclar feat. Gary ‘Nesta’ Pine – Love Generation
- Fatboy Slim presents Gregor Salto – Samba Do Mundo
- Pasilda (Knee Deep Mix)
- Royal Gigolos – Get The Party Started
“Don’t underestimate the importance of scene-setting music or creating lower impact sets to give your audiences a breather without killing the vibe you’ve worked hard to create. I really enjoy creating innovative sets for my audiences and a cool Summer vibe always hits the mark”
Set Duration: 15 mins
BPM: 96 – 105
- Ed Sheeran feat. Zion & Lennox – Shape Of You (Latin Remix)
- DJ Snake feat. Justin Beiber – Let Me Love You
- Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie – Rockabye
- Mike Posner – I Took A Pill In Ibiza (SeeB Remix)
- J Blavin feat. Willy William – Mi Gente